Also see Ordering
Shipping & Handling
- We’d love you to visit our shop in Bakewell for our personal attention and to discuss and peruse our stock but of course that’s not possible for everyone.
- We want our books to reach you undamaged, in the condition they left us. That calls for care in packing and use of good quality packaging materials. The delivery cost includes the cost of packing, packaging, and insurance.
- Delivery and packaging costs are based on sending a single book as this is the case for most specialist and antiquarian books. As a very rough guide, expect a single volume to cost £4 for UK delivery, £8 for Airmail within Europe, £12 outside Europe. However this does depend on size and weight. We will quote a price for any specific item on request.
- Multiple books on one order including multi-volume sets.
- Multi volume sets are sold as a single stock item, we will advise final cost before processing the order.
- Shipping costs are based on Royal Mail postage rates. Should we find an alternative carrier offering a worthwhile saving we will use that carrier.
- Shipping charges are more cost-effective for orders which include several books. The system adds a per-book shipping charge, for multiple stock items this is often an over-estimate, any excess will be refunded.
- Tax Charges – For purchases from outside of the European Union the customer is responsible for any import duties or locally levied taxes.
- We aim to despatch your order on the first working day following receipt of your payment.
- Most goods will be sent by Royal Mail’s small packet service: their aim is to deliver in two days across Western Europe, three days across Eastern Europe and four to six days outside Europe. For more remote areas please allow some extra time. For complete details of Royal Mail delivery times to your part of the world, you might like to visit www.royalmail.com. However, for larger packets we may use other carriers in order to minimise your costs.
- Royal Mail shipping zones
- You must inform us within seven working days if the goods are lost or damaged in transit so that we can make a prompt claim against the delivery company and correct the problem. Please quote your order number in all correspondence.
- Items may require that the recipient signs as proof of receipt.
- You agree that proof of delivery supplied by our delivery company is sufficient evidence to establish that goods have been received.
If you need to reach us, please email us using the link on the contact page, alternatively, you can call on 0114 268 9393 (International +44 114 268 9393).
We do not disclose buyers’ information to third parties. Should you choose to pay using a third party PSP (Payment Service Provider such as PayPal) we only disclose the minimum information necessary to complete the transaction.
Using a PSP means we never have access to any credit card or other payment details you may enter there.
Our site is protected with a security certificate (evidenced in some web browsers by a small locked padlock icon). This means that information passing between your PC and our web server is encrypted in transit.
Cookies are used on this site
These are small files stored in your computing device. They can serve many purposes such as keeping track of the contents of a shopping cart. You can turn off cookies within your browser. If you turn off cookies features of this (and other) web sites will not function as intended.
Data collected by this site may be used to:
a. Take and fulfil customer orders.
b. Administer and enhance the site and service.
c. Gather statistical data about how visitors use the web site in order to inform future improvements.
Your browser will have the ability to block third-party cookies. Doing so will not affect this web site and may help improve your data security when using other web sites.
Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive.
If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase please contact us. For faulty and damaged books we will provide a full refund. Unwanted goods may also be returned but in this case an administration charge will be made. Your statutory rights are not affected by this guarantee.